Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Something Else to Do With Pizza Dough: Hamburger Buns

It's true, you can make hamburger buns out of pizza dough.

I doubt this is terribly surprising to anyone who has been reading my blog (or has thought about, you know, dough + shaping = everything), since I've already made rolls and cheeseburger calzones (not to mention cheeseburger pizza). Mostly I just wanted to put up these pics.
 Heh. I don't remember exactly what was on here, but I'm pretty sure it's cheese, sauteed onion, lettuce, pickles, mustard and garlic mayo. I think. What I distinctly remember is that I should have been wearing a bib and eating it over a tarp. What a mess. A delicious, delicious mess. Now, when you make a bun/roll like this out of pizza dough it's not going to be soft like a bulkie roll, it's pretty dense and has some tooth to it.

But it also has tons of flavor that can stand up to all the other flavors going on in your average burger. Especially if you, say, brush it with herb infused olive oil before you cook it. I'm just putting that out there. So is anyone else doing fun stuff with pizza dough? I'm always looking for ideas to steal, I mean use. Heh.

4 comments:

Lea Ann said...

I didn't know you could make hamburger buns with pizza dough. And man does that burger look good. I've been wanting to make a calzone at home. One..of..these..days, when I'm feeling brave and skinny. :)

Cookinginmyyard.com said...

I will be trying this. It seems I always have some leftover pizza dough, and also seem to run out of burger buns. Problem solved!

Letitia said...

Just what I was looking for!

Anonymous said...

Exactly @👍

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin