Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Product Review: Pitaya Plus (Dragon Fruit Juice)

Wow, how long has it been since I've done a real review? Long enough to distract you all from the fact that I haven't posted the thing I said I would? Doesn't help when I mention it... er, anyway I didn't get to make it. But hopefully I will soon. In the meantime, Pitaya Plus! It's dragon fruit juice. They sent me a case (a case!) of samples to review.

I'm not getting paid, blah blah, disclaim, etc.

So, how is it? Well, it's good. It's not too sweet (which I think is a plus) and doesn't have a very strong flavor, but it does taste good and has a nice, slightly thick texture. A hint of coconut from the coconut water, but hardly overpowering. It makes claims of an antioxidant and fiber bearing nature, but unfortunately I don't really know anything about that kind of thing. I put a link to their website up top and I'm sure they would be delighted to tell you all about it. Heh.

I drank one bottle, to see what it was like and what I should do with it. I immediately thought it would be perfect for a vinaigrette. Some shallots, tarragon, rice wine vinegar so as not to overpower the flavor, awesome. But when I went to make it I realized I had drank it all. Turns out I really enjoy it in the morning and I enjoyed it more frequently than I thought I had... Whoops. So, once I can find it in the store I'm going to make that vinaigrette and it's going to be great. In the meantime I guess I'll just say that I liked this stuff a lot. Apparently. Heh.

2 comments:

candace defina said...

Awesome :)

perudelights said...

I just love pitahayas. In Peru they have a transparent pulp, full of tiny black seeds. In Nicaragua, where I grew up, they have a magenta color with black seeds. Both are delicious and I can eat them with a spoon, but my favorite is this fresco: grate or blend the pulp, add water, sugar and lime juice. Drink it very cold, with ice. Wonderful. I can´t imagine a pitahaya juice in a bottle. Better be good.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin