Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sunday Cats #63

The majority of you won't recognize this guy. His name is Romeo, he was born under my brothers porch and was a fixture in his household ever since. He is no longer with us. He lived outside as a "stray" for the first couple years of his life, being fed by my brother and his wife. He was gentle and tolerant, once sharing his food bowl with a skunk, much to my sister in laws surprise. He loved feet and if you stood still long enough he would lay across them and rub his head against your toes. Whenever I would crash on their couch, which was often, he would sleep with me. He was, without a doubt, one of the best cats ever.

RIP, Roms.

15 comments:

Leslie said...

: ( poor kitty.

Leslie said...

:( poor kitty.

Jeannie said...

That is one cool cat!

Reeni said...

What a handsome kitty! How sad...

ann low said...

I feel sad... ;(

vanillasugarblog said...

aww RIP romeo.
thank goodness he had a good home though.

Fallon said...

Sounds like the cat had a great life!

LOL I'll probably continue to forget milestones for my blog but its first anniversary? That is already a bad start =P

Pam said...

He's was a doll, so sad. Sounds like he had great care though.

Plain Chicken said...

Cool cat. I love his face - half white and black.

Valerie Gamine said...

What a precious cat with a giving heart. It sounds like he had a wonderful life. More strays should be so lucky.

Tangled Noodle said...

Nothing is more heartbreaking than a beloved pet passing away. But he was well-loved and loved even more in return . . .

tamilyn said...

Aw Romeo. You have such a pretty face. RIP kitty cat

Katy said...

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved friend.

kaje said...

Thank you for that lovely tribute to our awesome Romeo. I found a great picture of him watching you cook something on our stove that I'll have to send you. I only wish I had a picture of him peacefully munching on dinner side-by-side with that skunk!

Goldie said...

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose."
~Henry Ward Beecher

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin