Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Lemon Chocolate Chip Muffins

I figured I should post something other than pizza before people started wondering if that's all I eat. Heh.I eat other things! Like muffins. This is actually just a gentle adaptation of this recipe from Smitten Kitchen, all I did was swap out the blueberries for chocolate chips and double the lemon zest. Next time I'm going to triple it though, get some more lemon flavor up in here. And since I'm feeling lazy I'm not even going to rewrite the recipe. My girlfriend asked for this flavor combo specifically, she loves lemon and chocolate. Well, I do too, it's a good time. And these muffins came out awesome, they get a wicked good texture and dome nicely. I should have filled the tins a bit more, but that's not the recipes fault. Heh. The only change I would make, like I said, is to add more lemon.Maybe a chocolate drizzle on top.

Lemon and chocolate is a bit of a divisive issue with some people, what do you kids think?

15 comments:

Lucy said...

I've only ever tried lemon and white chocolate (which was delicious!) but would be intrigued to try lemon and dark chocolate. Your muffins look delicious!

Plain Chicken said...

Interesting flavor combination. They look delicious

Dajana said...

hmmmm, I love orange-chocolate combo, never really gave a thought to lemons. I love lemons in all fruit combos though.

Rocquie said...

I've never considered lemon and chocolate together. But sure, why not? It sounds delicious.

Fallon said...

I've never tried the lemon/chocolate combination before. So I definitely wouldn't knock it till I tried it. Sounds like a good change for the taste buds.

As for pizza posts, nothing wrong with a strict pizza diet ;)

Karen said...

I don't think I've ever had a lemon-chocolate combination of anything! Hmmm, might have to try this!

Cooking Asshole said...

Good shit. Too bad you didn't think of it yourself...

Easy Picnic Recipes said...

yummy! looks like so tasty! I'll try to make it soon.

Jeannie said...

Delicious! My choc chips got eaten almost empty by my sons as snack yesterday....too bad.

Hungry Dog said...

I'm actually not sure I've ever had lemon and chocolate together. Usually I am anti fruit-and-chocolate but this I would consider, because I love lemon so much. Muffins look great!

Joanne said...

those look so fluffy delicious! I've never had chocolate and lemon together...but it sounds fantastic!

Jenn said...

I don't mind the pizza. I think they should consider it a food group. LOL.

Awesome muffins though!!!! Perfect with a cup of coffee.

Basic Meatloaf Recipe said...

muffin is my very favorite item.
Thanks for this amazing post.

Mary Bergfeld said...

These really sound delicious. I am new to your blog but love the food and recipes that I've found here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

vanillasugarblog said...

no i totally agree that is a good combo. why didn't i think of this. i bet this combo would be good in a pound cake. you know?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin