Uhm, yeah. This is my one hundredth post. It really doesn't seem like I've been doing this that long. I started blogging to kill time during a period of unemployment and have kept at it since finding a new job because it's just wicked fun. I've even acquired some readers, which I really never expected. I've gotten involved in several great online communities, in particular Foodbuzz and Bakespace. They are both full of great people, ideas and recipes and have really improved my cooking.
But here's what I want to know, what do you guys want to see? Do you want me to do more old family favorites? More experiments? Less talk? More wine tasting? More pictures, less pictures, more cakes, less beef, more vegetarian, more cat stuff, more side dishes? Now is the perfect time to let me know.
So, how about a top ten list? They seem to be all the rage lately. I don't have good enough analytical stuff attached to my site to give a list of the most popular recipes, but I can tell you my personal favorites. Here they are, in a vaguely relevant order.
10) BBQ ribs in the oven. Ok, I so just made this a couple days ago and have already referenced it in several posts, but it was really good! I was actually surprised at how well they came out. Plus I love long, slow cooking, it's just a good time. I can't wait to make them again.
9) Sour cream coffee cake muffins. These muffins were so rich and moist, they are just devastating.
8) Pizza dough. This dough is awesome. If I have the time to make pizza dough, this is the dough I make.
7) Molten chocolate cakes. This was the first time I ever did any really serious tinkering with a delicate recipe. I did math to make these cakes. I used the calculator on my computer. They were more than worth it, rich, dark chocolate cakes full of sweet, delicious goo.
6) The Brownies. Yeah kids. They don't get a "the" for fun. There is a reason that every person I know who has had these wants the recipe.
5) Crash hot potatoes, baby! Got this one from one of my favorite bloggers and it's really the most versatile potato side ever. You can match it to anything that you would want potatoes with.
4) Spaghetti al Amatraciana. This recipe was sent to me by one Gina Kadlec (sweet lady, just had a baby), way back in the day. She wrote that it was one of her favorite recipes and now it's one of mine too. Bacon, tomato sauce, cheese and pasta. It's wicked good.
3) Lo mein. This was my actually very first post and it's also one of the best things I ever made. Well, I think so anyway. I used to make it all the time, but haven't in a while. I'll have to make it again soon so I can update the pictures in the post. They... aren't good. Heh.
2) The best chocolate chip cookies. Because they are the best chocolate chip cookies. Seriously.
1) Number one is definitely penne and Italian sausage in a tomato cream sauce. Not a very graceful name, but descriptive. It is hands down my favorite pasta dish at this point. I make it whenever I can justify the calories. It is rich, creamy and just frigging fantastic.
So that's it kids, I've had a blast doing these first hundred posts, now I'm going to go start working on the next hundred. Heh.