Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I've been Tagged!

Wow, my first internet meme. Brush away a tear, hug the runner up... oh wait. Wrong thing. Sorry. Heh. I got hit with this by Jo at The Adventures of Kitchen Girl. She has a great blog, if you aren't already a reader of hers, check it out. Plus in her profile pic she has an eyebrow ring and I'm a sucker for girls with piercings. Anyway, here it goes.

The golden rules of tagging:
# Link to the person who tagged you
# Post the rules on the blog posted
# Write six random things about yourself
# Tag six people at the end of your post
# Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog
# Let the tagger know when your entry is published

Six random things about me:
1: I'm color blind. It can make it hard to tell when pork is done without a thermometer.
2: I'm 30 years old, but I still get carded going to bars and if I shave off my beard I look like I'm 12.
3: I'm allergic to cats, yet have two. And if I lost them, I would get more.
4: I read for at least a half hour before going to bed every night.
5: I like to put Nacho Cheese Doritos on turkey sandwiches. Don't knock it till you've tried it!
6: If I was stranded on a desert island with a hip flask that had a endless supply of one type of liquor it would be single malt, highland scotch. Anything with Glen at the beginning.

And I Tag...
1: Spryte over at Sprytes Place. I love her blog, she makes all kinds of stuff that I've never heard of. Plus she isn't afraid to deep fry. AND her husband is in a kick ass doom metal/southern rock band.
2: Michele from My Italian Grandmother. Do you like Italian food? Then go there. She makes it all and it all rules. And how can you resist a food blog dedicated to an Italian grandmother? You know it's going to be good.
3: Bakingblonde from... er, Bakingblonde. Want a recipe for some kind of sweet, luscious thing? She's got it and has probably covered it in chocolate. At least two of the recipes here are from her.
4: Cory, the Zesty Cook. Awesome pictures, great recipes and he always asks his readers a question at the end of his posts. Not everyone answers it, but it's a cool thing to do. Heh.
5: Shane, Culinary Alchemist. Sure, he doesn't post as often as I would like, but whenever he does it's really, really good. He makes some seriously fancy pants stuff and really knows his wine.
6: Last, but certainly not least, Jenny over at The Picky Palate. Her blog is awesome, chances are anyone reading here is already familiar with her. Apart from enjoying her blog, I'm just curious if I can get such a high level blogger to come play with me. :)

12 comments:

Vicki said...

Ah, Doritos on a sandwich, haven't done that in years. Good thing you posted before Thanksgiving, now I know what I'm going to do with leftovers.

Jenny said...

Fun! Of course I'll play along, I just can't promise when. We are in a the middle of a crazy move out of state, so my bloggin' is taking backseat for a short while until we get settled in CA.

My sister and I would put chips in our sandwiches all the time. I'm all for it! Great meme!

Bob said...

Vicki: Oh yeah, that's the best. Deli turkey is ok to do it with, but roasted turkey is the bomb.

Jenny: No rush. It's all about fun, there isn't a time limit. Good luck with the move!

I love that both of you have put chips in sandwiches, now when people say "no one does that, whats wrong with you?" I can say "Ha! Wrong! Several other people do it and I have written proof!"

Zesty Cook said...

Thanks for the award... I have to get this meme thing under wraps - i have been tagged a few times and feel bad I didn't reply. I will get on this! I love chips in sandwiches:)

Spryte said...

Dude! I LOVE chips in my sandwiches! It started with Nacho Cheese Doritos in a Salami, Mortadella & Provolone sandwich on an onion roll... then it progressed to tuna or chicken salad.... with Funyons or BBQ chips.
It's one of my favorites!!

Now I wish I had a sandwich for lunch today. But I brought a Butternut Squash Ravioli Lean Cuisine, one of my faves, but now I'll be craving a tuna & chip sandwich. And not just a couple of chips... a nice thick chip layer, smashed down... *drool*

Bob said...

Zesty: Heh, well nows your chance to feel better about it. Go ahead, give in to the meme... :D

Spryte: I think I'm going to have to have a tuna sandwich with potato chips for lucnh now. All this talking about it is just too much!

Spryte said...

I'm jealous!

Michele said...

Thanks!!! I seriously need to get on this. You've reminded me that I was tagged a few weeks ago and forgot all about that!!!

Oh and that person who told you that no one puts chips on their sammys is crazy! I always put chips on mine, usually a plain chip but still, it's a chip!

Can't wait to check out all the other blogs you linked that I've never seen before!

Bob said...

Spryte: Don't be too jealous, I wound up eating leftover chinese food. Well, you can be jealous of that if you want. :)

Michele: Hop to it girl! Your boyfriends birthday week is past, time to get back to your blogging duties. :)

Katrina said...

Bob,
Just found your blog through Baking Blonde, love her, love Jenny. And used to always put potato chips on peanut butter and honey. Never thought of the Dorito thing, sounds yummy.
Great blog.
Oh, and the squash ravioli dish from Lean Cuisine is the bomb! I know that wasn't you that mentioned it, but just thought I'd throw that in.

Reeni said...

I love Doritos on my sandwich too. And plain potato chips on my tuna sadwiches. Thanks for sharing.

Bob said...

Heya Katrina, thanks for stopping by. Heh, I'll mention the Lean Cuisine thing to my girlfriend, she is always looking for good ones.

Reeni: I put plain potato ones on my tuna too. Doritos on turkey, potato chips on tuna, sour cream and onion on chicken. Man, I want a sandwich!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin